Why choose us?
What Is Zoom Teeth Whitening?
PHILIPS Zoom is a teeth whitening machine and technique which is one of the most widely used whitening systems throughout the world to lighten the discoloration of enamel and dentin. It is a simple, non-invasive procedure that usually takes between 45 minutes to an hour.
The process combines a special lamp with a hydrogen peroxide-based whitening gel. Using both, the dentist will bleach each tooth and produce a brighter smile by the end of the treatment.
How do you use Philips 14 whitening Zoom?
1. Floss and brush your teeth. Twist off the clear plastic cap from the syringe and replace with the mixing nozzle.
2. Place a small “teardrop” amount of gel in each tooth compartment in the tray. If you have small teeth, use a smaller “gel drop.” Conversely, if you have larger teeth, use a slightly larger drop.
3. Place the tray with the gel in the mouth.
4. Keep away from the gums. Remove excess gel with your finger or dry toothbrush. When inserting the tray, be careful not to push the gel out, but be sure that the tray is completely seated. You may see “bubbling” within your trays while wearing them. This bubbling is actually part of the whitening process.
5. Wear times are noted after step 6.
6. After whitening, remove and rinse the trays with cold water. Hot water may damage the trays. If necessary, use a toothbrush to remove any residual gel. Place the trays in the storage case, and store them in a cool, dry place. Rinse and brush excess gel from the teeth.
How Does it Work?
A high concentration of hydrogen peroxide is used in the gel that covers your teeth. When the peroxide comes into contact with the intense light emitted from the lamp, it breaks down. Then it dissolves a thin layer over top of the enamel and releases oxygen into the teeth. The oxygen then helps to flush out and get rid of tooth discoloration that has set in.
Think of it like you’re giving your teeth a chemical bath. As an added bonus, Zoom whitening does not affect the physical structures of your teeth at all. This low-risk procedure is one of the best teeth whitening options out there.
POST-OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ZOOM WHITENING
Dark staining substances should be avoided because this is when your teeth are most susceptible to absorbing stains. Anything that can stain a white shirt can stain your teeth. Please avoid these items for the time you are bleaching + one additional week.
• Drinks: Coffee, Tea, Red Wine, Cola
• Condiments: Ketchup, Mustard, Red Sauces, Soy Sauce, Steak Sauce
• Food: Berries, Red Meat (Steak or Hamburger)
• Toothpaste: Colored toothpaste (Would suggest using Sensodyne toothpaste)
• Mouth rinse: Colored Mouthwash, Fluoride treatment, Chlorhexidine
Have a question or want to book an appointment?
Click on the button below to ask us a question, check your insurance, or request an appointment online.